Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Rubber keyboard contact repair

Gareth Magennis wrote in message
news:NXTNn.82331$9J1.80992@hurricane...

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
Hi,

anyone geting good results rejuvenating worn keyboard contacts? I'm
talking the large ones you find on music keyboards, drum machines etc.
Particularly ones where you can't buy the contact rubbers any more

I once bought some liquid paint on stuff specifically designed to do

this,
it was VERY expensive and didn't work.

I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Thanks to all. This is a largeish pad on a Drum Machine. I had a quick

go
at slicing off part of the knackered pad and slicing off the conductive
nipple from a keyboard contact strip with a view to gluing some of them

on.

Rapidly came to the conclusion I could not charge a customer money for a
complete bodge job I could not guarantee to work past next week. This is
the Start/Stop button which takes a hammering.

One more piece of old toot bites the dust.

I would have tried woven glass matt reinforced, moulded hotmelt glue sheet ,
with copper or brass gauze patches melted into the rear. Don't know how long
the pcb tracks would survive. Making the reinforced flexible sheet in my
tips files.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm