Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21167 Ignoramus21167 is offline

Default Encoders? Karl?

On 2010-06-04, Karl Townsend wrote:
I've had good luck with these:
http://usdigital.com/products/encode...rotary/kit/e6/

I'd get a higher count per inch encoder. get one that gives you a very even
count per inch movement number, like 20,000 or 50,000 or even 100,000.
remember you get four counts per encoder pulse.

OK, great. Just what I need. I printed out the datasheet and will
measure mounting dimensions to order them.

get the differential option. use their wire and connectors.

OK

Don't be a cheap skate and use the PC 5 volt supply. get one just for the
encoders. I usually get a multiple voltage out DC power supply. Seems like I
always need 24, 10, 5 I don't know if EMC does analog (10V) or opto
isolated digital I/O (24V)

I will check what Jon's PPMC does, but I think that he takes 5v
differential signals.

Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks Karl.