Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & liveon

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/06/10 11:26, Bruce wrote:
It really isn't up to us to judge what other people do or don't eat. I
don't like being put under pressure *not* to eat certain foods, and I
know that others don't like being pressured by society into eating
things that they don't believe people should eat.

I wasn't judging him, just questioning the practicalities. TNP said soya
beans - I don't honestly know if that's enough. I thought nuts were par
for the course of being a vegan too???

It's not. Nor are nuts+soya. Veganism is as unnatural as the steak
diet so popular with other people, and it's extremely hard to avoid
malnutrition. In particular, B12 deficiency is a serious risk, so
supplements are needed. See, for example, "Dietary Sources" in:

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.