Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Am I missing something?

geoff wrote:
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

I remember when pubs had bowls of free peanuts on the counter. Now that
would be asking for trouble.

Istr an analysis of pub peanuts in bowls revealed an average of 28
different urine traces.

Well they are salted ...

YSTR an urban legend IWS

If I go through life and the worst that I get is **** flavoured peanuts,
I won't have done so badly

When I'm in the far east, the best food comes from roach coaches and
street vendors. Ice and veg washed in water - **** it, bring it on,
exposure to "bugs" has meant that I very rarely get sick

This "anal" approach (bad word really) to cleanliness, where the body is
insulated from anything bad means that any exposure to even minor bugs
will take a hairdresser down at 100 metres

I had the same attitude until I got a dose of norovirus. Now I wash my
hands after being anywhere near young kids. That thing really is contagious.
As for food, I love the street vendor cuisine. In my youth I spent a
couple of months in North Africa, dining in soup kitchens and the like,
without a hint of any gut trouble. On the evening before I left I
treated myself to a meal in a posh French restaurant. Yeah, you guessed
it. Had the trots all night.