Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] hanrahan398@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & liveon

On Jun 3, 11:29*pm, geoff wrote:
In message
,
writesWhere in the UK can you buy a piece of land of around 2-3 acres with a
house on it, where you can be self-sufficient, i.e. farm the land non-
commercially for your own family's needs only (without keeping any
livestock), without breaking any regulations or requiring permission?

Is there anywhere where you can get this for less than say 300K?

I just lost out *(sold behind my back) on an 11 acre farm with
outbuildings and stables which failed to meet the £300,000 reserve at
auction

If you are willing to put in a bit of work, this had a guide price of
£275,000

if you can't see it type penstrowed hall into google

Interesting - thanks for this. Bigger than I need - both the house and
the land area. Very nice looking, at that price. Sorry you lost out!
Did you view it? What kind of state was the house in?

Best,

Michael