Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default advice sought on buying a plot to farm self-sufficiently & liveon

Tim Watts wrote:
On 03/06/10 22:42, Frank Erskine wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:16:11 +0100, Tim wrote:

Of course You can also keep chickens and rabbits without further ado.
Pigs, sheep, etc require a license, but that's not impossible either.

I think the OP said that he didn't intend to keep livestock.

Yes, but I think that's going to be hard to be fully (or is the OP after
*mostly*) self sufficent without. You really need dairy even if you
don't eat the cow (well, not until it's getting past it). I suppose a
goat would be an more manageable option for milk. And I can't see how
you could survive without some hens (eggs and meat).

shot the friggin deer and bunnies?

grow soya beans?