Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Question about decks and Kreg Jig kit...

On 6/3/10 5:26 PM, Josepi wrote:
Most PT wood has not shrunk, yet, when you buy it, no matter what the
moisture, content. It typically takes a full year to shrink back but it
works very well in our climate. As well most decent lumber yards keep the PT
outside in the rain, covered up in a steam bath.

Water moisture may not be the only factor in wood shrinkage.

I would contend that it's the only factor, along with whatever carrier
they use to inject the insecticide into the wood, *if* it is something
other than water.

I would be eager to corrected if wrong, but it's my understanding that
H2O in liquid or vapor form is the only thing that causes the initial
shrinking of lumber and its consequent seasonal expansion and contraction.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--