Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Question about decks and Kreg Jig kit...

On Jun 3, 4:26*am, Upscale wrote:
I've just been looking at the Kreg Deck jig being advertised on Lee
Valley's website.http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...28&cat=51&ap=1

I was wondering about fastening deck boards as demonstrated by this
jig. For those of you experienced with building decks, would the
screws need to be inserted on both sides of a deck board, (assuming
there's just enough room for screws to be inserted on a 45 degree
angle both edges) or just on one edge? And if it is just one edge for
fastening down a deck board, wouldn't there be a tendency for the
opposite unfastened edge to rise or perhaps cup over time?

Thanks

My first impression, and I might be totally wrong. But it looks like
it would slow the process quite a bit.

With that said, I suspect they have thought it through. Most Kreg
products reflect a fair amount of thought and utility.

RonB