Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Measuring power consumption of low-power non-sinewave devices -how?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:27:51 +0100, me9 wrote:

Is there any cheap/easy way to measure the power consumption of mains
powered equipment that consumes a few tens of watts and is almst
certainly non-sinusoidal? In particular I want to measure the power
consumption of a (hopefully) low power PC that should be consuming
around 25 watts.

What spec is that? my atom board one with one hard drive takes about 40
watts. I wouldn't expect much less other than for a netbook.

Try a fanless VIA EPIA board, lower end, running off a CF card.

More like 15-20W.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org