Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WBP or OSB?

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:51:32 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

So am I O.K. to go with the cheaper OSB or do I need to go for WBP?

I don't think OSB will take to any damp at all well. The bits of OSB
that I've had about outside have effectively fallen apart, similar
bits of WBP ply have just gone green and black but haven't
delaminated.

As for making the OSB strands a "feature", hum well each to their own
but to me it would look shoddy and scream "couldn't afford to do it
properly". Same painted, the rough surface would also tend to make
nice places for algae/lichen to grow.

--
Cheers
Dave.