Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default 40Gb Western Digital hard drive

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
mike wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Then stick an IDE or SATA controller card in there. They don't have
to run SCSI drives. You may have to change some settings in the BIOS,
but that isn't difficult.

Excellent idea, guess I was suffering from some mental blockage; it
would just take some creative cable routing to get to the drive bays.
I was just looking at it and now recall that I'd figured the memory in
it justified the cost of it even if it didn't run, but it does start
up and I've looked around in the bios a little bit. However, it only
has one processor installed, which is a PIII-S SL5PU. Kind a doubt
that it's available any more, guess I'll have to check the docs and
see what kind of processors will work in it.