Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Question about decks and Kreg Jig kit...

On Jun 3, 5:26*am, Upscale wrote:
I've just been looking at the Kreg Deck jig being advertised on Lee
Valley's website.http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...28&cat=51&ap=1

I was wondering about fastening deck boards as demonstrated by this
jig. For those of you experienced with building decks, would the
screws need to be inserted on both sides of a deck board, (assuming
there's just enough room for screws to be inserted on a 45 degree
angle both edges) or just on one edge? And if it is just one edge for
fastening down a deck board, wouldn't there be a tendency for the
opposite unfastened edge to rise or perhaps cup over time?

Thanks

Looking at a nice Kreg display at David Eisan's store a couple of days
ago, my hunch is that they don't sell jigs. They sell screws. The good
ol' 'sell-through' concept.
Sorta kinda like Gillette selling blades, not razors. Or the old days
of Xerox. They didn't sell copiers, they sold toners, chemicals and
paper.
Regardless, I like that Kreg bunch. Great solutions, quality tools and
a savvy management team.
Good on them.