Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

Coffee's For Closers wrote
wrote
Eric wrote

What are currently your best saving tips you recommend and also practice,
relating to how you make your money go much further than it used to, whether
it's for food - weekly living expenses, home and financial investment, etc.

I'm not gonna read the 230+ thread on this subject, but since I live
alone, I keep my hot water heater turned off up until 30 minutes
before I need to take a shower.

Also, I live in FL, and my pipes are in the attic.

During the summer, I don't even have to use the HW heater,
because I get hot water from the pipes being in the attic.

I recall bringing up this kind of idea here in the past, and
someone mentioned the risk of Legionares' Disease growing in the
hot water system, due to lack of sufficient heating to kill it.

In practice that doesnt happen with solar hot water systems.