Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Bedroom TV

On 02 Jun 2010 19:39:50 GMT, Jim wrote:

Searched available groups but none seem to have a subject pertaining to
my question. So here goes in this group where people have been well
versed over the years.

I'm searching for what I call a bedroom TV. Not too big, not too small.
An LCD between 24" and 32" perhaps. Trouble is I'm looking for a
specific feature. An on/off timer. Sometimes called an alarm timer.
Unlike regular sleep timers these turn on the set. Makes a nice
alternative to alarm clocks.

I have a 20 year old tv that has that feature. I would think it would
be even more common now.

Going to both Walmart and Best Buy I discovered they don't have any
remotes available.

Some stores used to have the manuals themselves under the tv. Less
likely to be stolen than a remote.

But go to a better store. A family owned tv and appliance store, and
ask there. I'm told their prices are often no higher anyhow, and you
get better service.

Do the tv's really not have a menu button ON the tv?

The data cards don't mention it nor do the shipping
boxes.

Some features are so small or common they're not mentioned, but the
features also might not be there.

Get the manual online.

So no way to check the on screen menus.

Perhaps someone here is in retail electronics? Or maybe someone has
purchased a new set fairly recently? If so I would really appreciate
knowing available makes/models to look for.