Posted to alt.home.repair
Mac Cool Mac Cool is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

:

Give me some examples, education and health care for starters.

In the case of education, you only need to look at private schools
versus public schools. Which is producing a better product in terms
of educated students.

The claim was cheaper and better. As for better, I have one daughter in
private school and one in public school. I would the quality of
education much higher in the public school. Yes there are reasons why
one is in a private school and the other in a public school but they
are irrelevant to the discussion (it has nothing to do with behavior).
But that is only one example and proves nothing either way.

In areas where vouchers have been implemented
so that parents can decide whether to send their children to public
schools or use the voucher for private schools, the results have been
the private schools are doing a far better job.

This is very interesting. Source?

In the case of public healthcare, take a look at the fraud going on
in Medicare/Medicaid.

The costs are a fraction of those in private health care and judging by
the way seniors fight tooth and nail to keep Medicare, it must be doing
it's job well.

Don;t believe me? Ask Obama. One of his most remarkable claims for
funding his new healthcare was that he was gonna recover billions in
waste and fraud from Medicare/Medicaid. Only in America. Anywhere
else, the logical response would be, "you idiot, if the govt can't
run those, how are you gonna run an even bigger boondoggle?

The government does an excellent job at running Medicare. Medicare is
cheaper, has always been cheaper, and has historically had a much
higher satisfaction rate than private insurance.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/200...rsus-insurers/

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Cont...ations/In-the-
Literature/2002/Oct/Medicare-vs--Private-Insurance--Rhetoric-and-
Reality.aspx