Posted to alt.electronics

| | --- ---
| | - -
| |
o GENERATOR o

A is a mercury relay with a 240vac coil.
B is a N.C. 120vac coil with 30amp contact.
C is a dpst 120vac coil with 90amp contacts

When the disconnect is ON and the service is either ON or OFF,
* the generator is isolated from service feed
* the generator cannot backfeed into the grid

When the disconnect is OFF and the service is ON
* the generator isolates from the load

When the disconnect is OFF and the service is OFF
* the generator is connected to the load

The generator can't work or be damaged unless the disconnect is OFF.

I designed this circuit around some parts I had. The disconnect is in the
breaker box.