Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Bedroom TV

On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:00:35 -0400, SBH wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Searched available groups but none seem to have a subject pertaining to
my question. So here goes in this group where people have been well
versed over the years.

I'm searching for what I call a bedroom TV. Not too big, not too
small. An LCD between 24" and 32" perhaps. Trouble is I'm looking for
a specific feature. An on/off timer. Sometimes called an alarm timer.
Unlike regular sleep timers these turn on the set. Makes a nice
alternative to alarm clocks.

Going to both Walmart and Best Buy I discovered they don't have any
remotes available. The data cards don't mention it nor do the shipping
boxes. So no way to check the on screen menus.

Perhaps someone here is in retail electronics? Or maybe someone has
purchased a new set fairly recently? If so I would really appreciate
knowing available makes/models to look for.

I've never had a TV which didn't have a timer. The two most recent LCD
TVs I currently bought also have timers. When visiting the
electronics/TV retailer, play with the features on the displayed TVs
and/or search the menu option. I'm willing to bet you'll find a timer.

Just returned from PC Richards, a local electronics retailer, and did
just that. Once again the salesman started by saying they all have it.
Took three reminders that I specified a on/off timer not the sleep timer
he was thinking of.

Did find a couple Samsung models to compare against. So the trip wasn't
a total waste.