Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default 40Gb Western Digital hard drive

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Doesn't it have at least one empty slot where you can install a
better video card? You can use multiple drives without installing a
RAID driver. Don't pitch it out, if it works.

Oh, no, I'd never pitch anything out, (unless maybe I tripped over it
and broke a toe or somethin')

Play with it. Install a
version of Linux or use it for a test bed computer. You can remove the
rack mount brackets on a lot of server cases and use them as a big
desktop computer, or you can use some scrap lumber an made a crude rack
for it.

I guess that the main obstacle is I don't know anything about scsi;
there are no drives in the drive bay, and there's a scsi bus but I
don't know jack about scsi. I've got a 2.1 Gb scsi drive, and some
kind of scsi controller card, but just haven't spent much time looking
into it yet.

Thanks,
Mike