Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Rubber keyboard contact repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:36:57 +0100, Gareth Magennis ??o??:

Hi,

anyone geting good results rejuvenating worn keyboard contacts? I'm
talking the large ones you find on music keyboards, drum machines etc.
Particularly ones where you can't buy the contact rubbers any more

I once bought some liquid paint on stuff specifically designed to do
this, it was VERY expensive and didn't work.

I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Gareth.

I find it makes more sense to buy a new keyboard these days.

I don't think the OP is talking about generic PC stuff.

The conductive rubber pads can be pared off any scrap keypad that has a
rubber button inlay, the best adhesive is RTV silicone rubber sealant, this
is sold in many guises - silicone basth sealant or "instant gasket" are a
couple of examples.

Definately DO NOT use copydex it smells evil and as an adhesive isn't worth
the space it takes up in the junkbox.