Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default recycling

In article
,
Kevin wrote:

but
at least it's not an ad for cheap shoes, purses, or shirts.

Which you would see a lot less of if you read news somewhere other than
on google groups. At present, the most off topic crap that makes it onto
my news server's rendition of this group is people complaining about ads
- not the ads themselves. I have not yet personally taken the next most
effective method of avoiding them, or I wouldn't see your post - junking
all posts originating from google groups, which is the font of 99% of
usenet spam. I do run global filters to kill posts with the usual brand
names, but they rarely have much to do in this particular group.

Get a real newsreader and a real news service provider (both can be had
for free or non a donation-ware basis) and you can get rid of most of
the junk.