Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Noise 1920s terrace house

In article
,
NT wrote:
Stuffing mineral wool in tight puts pressure on the ceiling, and over
a fair area it adds up to quite a lot of force. I wouldnt. As long as
there isnt a damp problem there I'd be more inclined to go with
papercrete, its denser, has a finer porous structure, and stiffens and
damps anything its in conctact with.

Mineral wool has f-all effect on sound transmission. Once you've got rid
of direct air borne paths you need to add mass. Plasterboard etc is
probably the easiest/cheapest way.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.