Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Zenex boiler efficiency

"D.M.Chapman" dmc@puffin. wrote in message
In article
,
naffer wrote:

3 - 4 years on, what are the real experiences?
Alpha have rites to the technology and have built an integrated unit.

It seems that the technology is a tad obvious but the value depends on
the cost benefit ratio.

I've got a alpha gassave fitted - I think this is the thing you've seen.

I was impressed at the amount of preheating it does to the incoming cold -
much more than I expected but obviously, it's only for hot water. It does
nothing to help with the heating circuits.

In modern highly insulated homes (especially the coming regs) the heating
costs will be far less than the DHW costs, so then they make sense. With a
largish family using much DHW, they make economic sense. One of the few eco
devices that do give a reasonable payback period.

So, yes, it does work (better than I thought it would). Is it cost
effective?
I doubt it if you had to pay normal rates - we got it as part of a pack
with
a boiler and a store so it was a lot cheaper that way. We figured it was
worth a punt.

A store. What kind of store?

At the 800 quid list price forget it IMO

Darren