Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeroni Paul Jeroni Paul is offline

Default DTV decoder repair, capacitor gets too hot

What brand and series of *"low ESR high quality 105 deg replacement"
did you use? *I would recommecd using a Panasonic FM series or
equivalent ultra-low ESR high quality ca fron Nochicon, UCC, or
Rubycon for something like this. *

PlainBill

The failed capacitor is "Jun Fu". I have more of these here and they
have the lowest ESR amongst all I measured (KRG, Nichicon, TL). I
found Nichicon in a local shop but it has higher ESR and heats even
more. For Panasonics I will have to shop online. My ESR meter is of
the needle type so I will not post exact measurements but it lets me
compare quite precisely.

Thank you.