Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

In article , "Bill" wrote:

Your point is well-taken. Unfortunatey, I'm not fully comitted on where the
tools are going to be (I may decide I want the DC
closer to the door to improve the sound-level). Dedicated 240v lines seems
to maximize flexability, which
seems appropriate. Thanks for making me think!

If you have the option of locating the dust collector outside the shop and
having only the ducts inside, that's something to consider.

There are pluses and minuses either way. Having the DC outside the shop means
less noise and dust inside the shop -- but more noise and dust outside. If
you live in sufficiently rural area where the noise won't bother neighbors,
think about putting the DC outdoors (protected from the weather, of course).