Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Swingman writes:
On 6/1/2010 4:34 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Compressors are a strange beast, since they may start at anytime the pressure
switch hits some threshold (yet again, I've got mine on a dedicated 120v/20A
breaker).

I run mine on a 120v non-dedicated circuit that, being in a garage
"shop" on residential property, is required by local code to be GFCI
protected, but I've never had any trouble with the setup at all.

IIRC if you use a NEMA L5-20P on that circuit, the GFCI isn't required. That
was the approach I took (since I'm also in the garage).

scott