Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PICTURES of a recent welding project

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:43:23 -0400, Pete Snell wrote
the following:

Ignoramus32683 wrote:

I used about 120 amps. I might have had the arc too short.

I haven't burned a ton of 7018, but when I have I've found it's
almost impossible to have the arc too short. I was taught to pretty much
run it with the coating resting on the work. (the rod burns off slightly
up inside the coating) Seems to work, and the guy that taught me was a
crusty old pipeline welder. (he was crusty, not sure about the pipeline)

Thanks, Pete. I'll have to try that next time.

--
A well-informed mind is the best security against the contagion of
folly and of vice. The vacant mind is ever on the watch for relief,