Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezer question, your experience.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:58:19 +0100, spamlet wrote:

Well maybe it's just me, but I have noticed this often, that fridges
'grab the door' when you go to shut them, and then you hear the rubber
being sucked tight.

Can't say I have ever noticed any "grabing the door" at least not
until the magnetic seal has contacted the frame. They do pull in
then, it's the warm air, that's been let in, cooling down and
contracting. Noticeable on a fridge but with freezer in can be quite
hard to open the door for a few tens of seconds after you have closed
it.

--
Cheers
Dave.