Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Jun 1, 5:44*am, "Bill" wrote:
Prompted by suggestions that a shop needs convenient power, *I created a
(pdf) SU view of my proposed outlet configuration (for one wall), and also a
corresponding wiring model:

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Comments or suggestions welcome. *In fact, all I seek is a simple nod.
Thank you again to those of you who helped me to reach this point (of
understanding)!

Bill

BTW, I think I will feel better if I use 120v duplex outlets that are **GFCI
protected** *in addition to GFCI CB's.

The top of my workbench overhangs the support frame by about 5 inches.
I put a 120V duplex every 2.5 feet or so along the frame under the
overhang, facing out into the shop.

This keeps the top of the workbench clear of cords running from the
back wall (as pictured in your "garage" sketch) when using sanders,
heat guns, etc.

I'm sure you already know that the lights should be on their own
circuit so that no tools can take them out and plunge you into
darkness.