Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Making a Newton's Cradle

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:41:05 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 01/06/10 15:27, Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 05:52:24 -0700 (PDT), Matty F

The two I saw had no mechanical sense whatsoever.

There are plenty of men like that too. Gender is not a reliable
indicator of whether someone possesses any particular type of sense.

I worked somewhere where the male H&S idiot used to lock off the tearoom
if the tealady (how quaint) wasn't in, "in case someone burn themselves
on the urn". FFS... Electronic Engineering department too.

Yes, but they're engineers. If the tea took too long and there was any
change that the urn might be at fault, they'd have it stripped down and
parts scattered everywhere in no time flat :-)