Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Making a Newton's Cradle

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 01:47:11 -0700, Matty F wrote:

I wish to make a large Newton's Cradle. That usually consists of five
suspended steel balls. Ideally the balls will be at least 2" in diameter
or up to 12" or 24" in diameter. If they were steel they are likely to
injure childen. So they can't be steel. Billiard balls bounce well but
are still too heavy. Golf balls don't seem to bounce properly so they
are no good, and are too small. Soccer balls don't bounce that well
either. Polystyrene foam is too flimsy.

Any brilliant ideas? I have an idea which I will experiment with.

Bowling balls?

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org