Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Making a Newton's Cradle

On 01/06/10 12:39, Matty F wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:28 pm, Andy wrote:
On 1 June, 09:47, Matty wrote:

I wish to make a large Newton's Cradle. That usually consists of five
suspended steel balls. Ideally the balls will be at least 2" in
diameter or up to 12" or 24" in diameter.

http://www.brindley-steel-forging.co.uk/
are good for big steel balls

If they were steel they are likely to injure childen.

They must learn

That might be OK in the UK but in NZ we have a government department
that will prosecute someone making a device that they consider
dangerous. The inspectors that I've seen are women.

So you can't use chain and cannonballs then...

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.