Posted to uk.d-i-y
jimmyjim jimmyjim is offline

Default Noise 1920s terrace house

I just bought a 1920s end of terrace house. The party wall is doors
joining so I thought it would be very quite. The house is currently
being gutted as im doing lots of renovating and doesnt really have
much carpet or furniture in it.

I have found in the few days that i have been there that it is really
noisy ( i can here the people in the other house pee, and also put
there cup down on the kitchen worktop). This doesnt really bother me
but my girlfriend will go mad.

Does anyone have any ideas if this is because there is nothing left in
the house or should there be that much noise?

As i said i am currently renovating the house so can do work if it
will get rid of the noise, but also dont want to loose too much space
adding plasterboard ect.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers

James