Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A couple of decent tools cheap

Wes fired this volley in
:

What did you come up for as a clamping solution? There isn't much
flat under your cutting edge if they look like the blades in a part
manual I downloaded.

Did you go with an angle vise and a tee shaped parallel?

I made an angle block to fit in my regular vise, and cut it so there's a
"back stop" (besides the vise jaw) on it, so as the blade is clamped down
from straight above, it forces it tight into that "fence". The vise jaw
would have worked, but ultimately I'm putting bolts and tee-nuts on the
thing so I don't need to hold it in the vise.

The wing end of the blade is held down by a narrow hold-down that fits
right into the valley of the wing bend. Soon (next week), I'll be making
dedicated clamps ON the jig, so I don't have to fiddle so much to clamp
the blade.

LLoyd