Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On May 31, 2:22�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/31/2010 2:21 AM, harry wrote:

There are greedy people everywhere. �Only in America do you build a
culture on it. �We had a short period over here of it. �We called it
"Thatcherism"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatche...erite_morality

However, we saw the flaws in many of it's ideals, it is largely
abandoned today.

Harry, you've got me curious. �You've referred to Tony Blair as B-liar in your
posts, and you disparage Thatcherism. �What is your political preference?

l, Like lots of people in the UK I have a deep suspicion of our
politicians. The ideas I set down are just to inform Americans of the
thoughts of lots of people in the UK, not neccesarily my views.
I was and still am an admirer of Maggie Thatcher in most things. Our
economy was completely f***d up when she came to power and she put it
right. It was a painful process. As it will be once again. We have
lots of people that think everything can be fixed without pain. Well
it's not so, we are all going to hurt lots more I believe.
It was actually her that put forward the idea that greed was good. I
don't agree with that. There's a difference between need and greed.
I think a lot of the above applies to the USA too.
My politics are right wing but that's not the same as republicanism.
Rebuplicanism is the politics of the wealthy robbing the poor.
I put my country and native people first.
I respect any American who puts America first. There are lots of
people on this thread who don't do that. It's a sad thing to see once
mighty America rotting from within due to greed, lack of patriotism,
moral turpitude and avarice.
The most amazing thing of all are the ones that can't see that "W" and
republicanism has done all this. And don't seem to care.