Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The hardest part of getting work done is

On Mon, 31 May 2010 05:13:29 -0400, "Bill"
wrote the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I think it's interesting how well that software engineering principles
lend
themselves to WW! I think that SketchUp does do, but that's a subject for
another thread (I'm currently chipping away at "The Missing Manual").

I got my copy last week (or so?) but haven't had a chance to pop the
cover and read it yet. How do you like it so far?

Larry,

Since we were talking about SU, I put a "homework exercise" I did
for arrays on my website. All of the "studs" (just lines here) can be added
in a single-stroke by specifying
the distance between centers and the quantity. I pasted in the position of
the new
outlets I hope to install this week. The idea is that the outlets on the top
(50" high) will be 120v and the ones on the bottom will be 240v (or unused).
And SU let me think about the design even though I haven't taken the
wallboard down yet.

Look at the extras people have developed, Bill. I started to look into
the engineering toolbox and house builder add-ons before being rudely
pulled away to work by reality. Swingy'll tell ya.

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Hopefully, by this time next week I'll have made lots of progress. Replacing
the drywall concerns
me (because I never put up a whole sheet of it before...).

Other than the weight, full sheets are easier. But I'd use OSB in my
shop if I were to finish a stud wall today.

P.S: I especially like the boilerplate flooring and pegboard
workbench. gd&r

--
A well-informed mind is the best security against the contagion of
folly and of vice. The vacant mind is ever on the watch for relief,