Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Latest death threats from gummer

On Mon, 31 May 2010 01:22:33 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:45:10 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 10:41:15 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 07:42:29 -0700,
wrote:

Wayne, just accept that the coffee shop has been trashed and there's
no more coffee. Happy?

Sure I am. I decided a long time ago, if I can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Now some of them are pretending they prefer tea. Not much of a
surprise given that they always did prefer their coffee weak and
adulterated.

Wayne

You obviously know little about tea. Try some Assam Finest long cut
black tea from Twining's. 15 UK pounds per kilo and worth it. That
stuff would grow eyebrows on a 55 Chevy and it is sooooo good.

whoosh

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=metaphor

Wayne

Educated via internet, perhaps? GED maybe?

My literary reference to eyebrows on a Chevy is not metaphor, it is
hyperbole:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hyperbole

sigh I always forget that you're one of those people who need (or at
least pretend to need) every last little thing spelled out for them.
The metaphor I was talking about was coffee and tea standing in for
discussion. Many of the participants here, including and especially
you, believe that a lot of what they write demonstrates wisdom.
Instead it's often shallow crap adulterated with hypocrisy and worse.
When that's pointed out, all of a sudden they want to talk about
something else, or hide behind a killfile. Or in the case of my
metaphor - pretend that they've sworn off their weak poisoned coffee
in favor of tea.

Now, I suppose you're going to say that such metaphors are waaaay too
difficult for an "intellectual" to comprehend without the kind of
explanation above. Which is true I guess considering the trouble
you're having remembering who you claimed to have killfiled, and/or
the difference snorf between killfile and plonking.

If you lament the demise of the coffeehouse, I really do suggest
trying that tea. I do enjoy very good coffee but I also enjoy this
tea. I'd be happy to send you enough to sample a cup or two. It's
the real stuff, bought in person at Twining's in London which is the
narrowest storefront in London. They supply this particular tea to
Fortnum & Mason, purveyors to the crown since about forever.

If only fancy tea drinking was a viable substitute for sincerity, eh?

You may use such blind delivery drop as you might devise to preserve
your anonymity. Any CONUS USPS addy will suffice.

That reminds me. Notice that my ISP and email address are clearly
shown in the headers of my posts since, forever. Ever noticed that
some posters have mentioned communicating with me offline? And yet
when gummer told that bald-faced lie the other day about me using a
"remailer", and later insisted that he "never lies", weasel Don not
only remained as silent as ever, he now joins in the smear once again.
Family values! LOL

I mean it! Have tea, will share as I have with others.

Free tea along with another dose of flame from the guy who claims he
doesn't like bicker-banter? Let's imagine that I wanted some free tea
and took you up on that mealy-mouthed offer - My mailing address is a
PO box, and for UPS etc. I need to have the parcels shipped to a
friend in town. Stuff like that's a fact of life for some of us who
live rural. So if I accepted something from you and gave you my
mailing address, you'd advertise it as proof of your BS above about an
"anonymous" address. And if I gave you my friend's street address
instead, you'd be sending it to gummer for updating of his "great
cull" list. Now, remember gummer's phony story about how his grinder
is being held hostage guffaw by JRC? Where could I ever have gotten
the idea that you'd love to be telling the same kind of whopper?
Another of life's great mysteries, eh?

Wayne