Silvan

Default Any tips for patching a knot hole in a fence?

Carmella wrote:

I don't really have a "can I work on your side of the fence" type
relationship with the neighbors, so it looks like it'll have to be hanging
stuff over the holes for me.

Interesting point... Do you even know your neighbors on the other side of
the fence?

I just realized I've lived here for... Five years I guess. I have no idea
who else lives here beyond the two closest neighbors. There are other kids
in the neighborhood, and they don't play with my kids. They ride the same
bus, but don't even know each other. When they see each other riding bikes
or whatever, they avoid each other.

Of course, I don't know any of the kids' parents either. I know nothing
whatsoever about any of them, other than having a vague idea which cars go
to which houses.

I leave a huge bowl of candy on my porch on Halloween, with a path lit to it
and everything very inviting and friendly, and nobody has ever taken any of
it.

We don't let our kids trick-or-treat at the other houses, even if their
lights are on, since we don't know any of those people.

We live in strange times. Whatever happened to the Welcome Wagon?

Of course, being a hermit, I like it this way just fine. I'm supposed to be
the exception though, not the rule. I guess we're all hermits today.

Probably comes from living in a society where you have to be prepared to
move halfway across the country next month if you want to keep your job.
It's pointless for most people to bother putting down roots.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/