Greg G.

Default Delta 14" bandsaw blade alignment madness

Mike Schoonmaker said:

I have a Delta 14" bandsaw (with riser block) that I use for resawing.
I have not touched it in about a year , but recently bought some new
3/4" Timberwolf blades. Prior to putting the first one on, I checked
the wheels for coplanar alignment, all looked fine. I installed the
first blade, all looked good. I ran perhaps 1 hour total (5 mins at a
time) resawing some hard maple. Perfect.

Probably wore the tires out. Have you checked for crown and wear?
Are the wheel bearings still good? Although they advertise that you
can use 3/4" inch blades on the Delta saws, most, if not all, 14"
bandsaws are not equipped for 3/4" blades. 1/2" is about the max
practical width. Try the WoodSlicer from Highland Hardware. A nice,
quiet, thin kerf resaw blade and it works fine on my 14" Delta.
FWIW,

Greg G.