Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default screeding floor

On 31/05/10 12:16, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 31 May, 11:38, wrote:
On 30 May, 09:32, Tim wrote:

On 29/05/10 23:00, sm_jamieson wrote:

Whats the process and quantities to mix SBR screed then? I have a
belle mixer that needs a good clean out !
Simon.

Copy of data sheet sent to your hotmail address - if that's not valid,
please email me one that is

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.

Thanks, got it.
Simon.

So it looks like half water, half SBR.

IIRC, that's the one...

How did you mix it ?
Looking at their website it seems like you need a special
forced action mixer.

Nah - normal mixer is fine. However, they do mention that air
inorporation may be a problem. So I mixed the ingredients dry, then
added the liquid (premixed SBR/water) and mixed for the minimum time to
get it right.

Fill the mixer with water as soon as you dump the load though, and leave
it turning, or you'll never get the SBR off.

Slurry I mixed with a spoon in a bowl and applied with a large
paintbrush as I went.