Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On May 30, 9:04�pm, Peter wrote:
On 5/30/2010 1:29 PM, harry wrote:

On May 30, 1:27 pm, �wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 5/29/2010 2:34 PM, Douglas Johnson wrote:
� wrote:

The problem is the Chinese slave workforce. And the fact they hold
don't allow their currency to float. These sort of things never
went on in Smith's day.

Wrong at least twice. The workforce in China is not slave. In many
respects, it is more free than workforces in the US and UK. The
Chinese may take any job they can get hired for, at any wage, and
with any benefits they can negotiate. True, in many cases, those
wages are far less than the US or UK. But, in many cases, it beats
the hell out of working in a rice paddy. And slavery certainly existed in
Adam Smith's day, both in the US
and the UK. -- Doug

I thought that in the U.S. and U.K., anyone can take any job they can
get hired for, at any wage and benefits that they can negotiate.

Uh, no, not by a long-shot.

First, you have minimum-wage laws and all sorts of nanny-state workplace
rules. Then there are unions. Next is government licensing and permitting
for many occupations. Some jobs are intrinsically illegal! On and on.- Hide quoted text -

I see you are one of those greedy Americans thaty wants everything.
Even steal the food out of your nieghbour's children's mouth.

This is the black side of America. Greed, �aquisitivity, damn your
neighbour attitude.

Yeah, it goes back at least as far as the 1620s when the New England colonists
started stealing from the natives. �Don't know why we developed the national
myth of manifest destiny and all that other crap that this country has used over
the centuries to justify our plunder. �It's a really sad record. �However, I
would not be too self-righteous. �The excuses your homeland used to justify the
Empire was equally absurd. �Throughout history, there have been many
imperialistic states, all who felt that they were better and therefore justified
in forcing their culture on everyone else.- Hide quoted text -

It is in our nature to compete. Darwinism.