Posted to alt.home.repair
utilitarian utilitarian is offline

Default No Interest from Contractors, Small Project

Hi,

I need to replace one side of a wooden deck, which was damaged in
a storm. I've called 3 different contractors / carpenters, found in
phone book. Every time, I get an answering machine, leave my message,
and get no response at all from the carpenter. Obviously they are not
interested.

I am loathe to resort to the "handyman" types. They might answer
the phone right away, but I'm afraid of their quality.

What to do? Keep calling the real contractors / carpenters until
someone responds ?

Also, I noted a listing in the phone book for a "contractor referral
service". Does that sound legit ? Ideally I could call this
"contractor referral service", I suppose, tell them I'm looking for a
carpenter to do a small project, and they can refer me to a couple.

Thanks