Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone watch “Househunters International”?

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
I just saw an episode called “Michiganians in Paris”. Forget the fact
that the title refers to “Houses” NOT apartments, these people were
looking for an apartment to RENT. Did I miss something or is the
producer of “Househunters International” hard-up on finding anyone to
BUY real estate in Europe?

I'm not the expert on this, but I think it is difficult to find housing for
sale in Paris. I recall reading how people buy apartments from elderly
people and wait for them to die until they can move in. The story was a guy
bought a place from a 70 year old woman and she ended up living to something
like 106, meantime he had to wait.