Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

George wrote:

No, the Chinese workforce is not a slave group. They are more free
than the workforces in either the U.S. or the U.K. For example,
there are no trade unions or minimum wage. The worker is free to
negotiate his remuneration to the advantage of both himself and the
company.

And that certainly is a good thing for people who aren't affected by
it except in a good way. You can get cheap stuff at Harbor Freight
because workers in China are able to "negotiate" for $0.80/hour jobs
and sleep in the factory at night. If we could only lower ourselves
that far here so we can compete..

First, eighty cents an hour is better than nothing per hour.

Second, we SHOULDN'T compete with the Chinese at those endeavors in which
they are clearly superior, such as most manufacturing. Doing so only causes
great difficulty, maybe even ruination, for both countries.

We should do what we do best and let the Sri Lankans do what they do best.

And as for sleeping at the job site, I've done that many times.