Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Roof timbers

"John" wrote in message
In preparation for putting a boiler in my loft I am wondering if a
particular timber is just what the builders used temporarily to support
the roofing timbers whilst building the house. The house has what I
believe is called a double hipped roof.
The timber in question is about 3/4" x 3" - it runs at a shallow angle
from the bottom of a roof member - upward to tie in with 3 others.
Anyone able to advise? Do builders use temporary bits of wood to hold
things upright whilst assembling the roof?

Maybe this link will work and clarify what I am trying to explain:

http://tinyurl.com/2w5x8kl