Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 440 volt three phase question

In this particular instance, the maint people (mall management) didn't
know there was a roof ladder. How would they know the voltage of a
device?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Metspitzer" wrote in message

I did. You didn't describe that limitation but you could still be a
long
way from completely wrong with only a meter if you only had access to
the phase legs. Since a "Y" connection neutral is always bonded to
ground I could still get the same readings I described by placing one
of
the meter probes on ground.

If I was unsure of the voltage, what I would do is call maintenance
and ask.