Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 440 volt three phase question

The OP question is if one leg to ground provides 120 volts to run a
device like a vacuum cleaner, or pressure washer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George" wrote in message
On 5/29/2010 11:08 AM, harry wrote:
On May 29, 12:32�pm, wrote:
On 5/29/2010 3:14 AM, harry wrote:

If you read my post, If there are just three line connections
brought
out, no, you can't tell whether its "star" or "delta" connected.

I did. You didn't describe that limitation but you could still be a
long
way from completely wrong with only a meter if you only had access to
the phase legs. Since a "Y" connection neutral is always bonded to
ground I could still get the same readings I described by placing one
of
the meter probes on ground.