Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 440 volt three phase question

The OP question is if one leg to ground provides 120 volts to run a
device like a vacuum cleaner, or pressure washer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

That is completely wrong.

Really? So if we take the original question where the OP could have
used
their meter and as an example observed 480 VAC between each phase
leg
and 277 from each phase leg to neutral we couldn't declare with
confidence that the source transformers were connected in "Y" ?-

If you read my post, If there are just three line connections brought
out, no, you can't tell whether its "star" or "delta" connected.