Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Milwaukee worm drive question.

On May 29, 4:45*pm, jo4hn wrote:
dpb wrote:
jo4hn wrote:
I recently inherited some tools from my big brother who had the
temerity to die last year. *One is a Milwaukee worm drive circ saw
(model 6370, serial 368-6054). *Unfortunately the gear case is broken
where it attaches to the shoe. *I can order a new gear case from
Milwaukee but getting the old one off is problematic. *I removed the
switch handle but pulling the electrics from the gear case is more
difficult. *Does anyone have knowledge on how to do this? *Milwaukee
supplies a parts list and a drawing but nothing further on servicing
this tool. *I would like to get this thing running again. *A new saw
costs ~$150 US and the part is $50 but it did belong to big brother. *
I have sent an email to Milwaukee with the same question but have not
heard back. *Anyway...

Condolences, for sure...

Never had one of them apart, sorry. *Got a link to the parts diagram to
look at and scratch head over?

--

Parts list and diagram athttp://www.milwaukeetool.com/PartsAndService/DownloadManuals/All.aspx...

Click on 54-40-2001 to get the straight poop. *Much head scratching
required.
* * * * mahalo,
* * * * jo4hn

Did you look at the other diagrams? It looks as though the next one
down on the list is the same. At least the part numbers for the gear
case are the same.

Allen