Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default Milwaukee worm drive question.

dpb wrote:
jo4hn wrote:
I recently inherited some tools from my big brother who had the
temerity to die last year. One is a Milwaukee worm drive circ saw
(model 6370, serial 368-6054). Unfortunately the gear case is broken
where it attaches to the shoe. I can order a new gear case from
Milwaukee but getting the old one off is problematic. I removed the
switch handle but pulling the electrics from the gear case is more
difficult. Does anyone have knowledge on how to do this? Milwaukee
supplies a parts list and a drawing but nothing further on servicing
this tool. I would like to get this thing running again. A new saw
costs ~$150 US and the part is $50 but it did belong to big brother.
I have sent an email to Milwaukee with the same question but have not
heard back. Anyway...

Condolences, for sure...

Never had one of them apart, sorry. Got a link to the parts diagram to
look at and scratch head over?

--

Parts list and diagram at
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/PartsAn...ProductId=6370

Click on 54-40-2001 to get the straight poop. Much head scratching
required.
mahalo,
jo4hn