Posted to alt.home.repair
ls02 ls02 is offline

Default DIY solar panel install

On May 29, 9:22*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On May 29, 6:52*am, ls02 wrote:

Has anyone done DIY solar panel installation? Do federal and state
subsidies and credits still apply for DIY solar install? I live in
central NJ and researching possibility of solar panel. I am not driven
by green paranoia, only by economics. So if economics does not deliver
I will not do it.

From what I read and heard multiple times if solar panels are
installed by a pro even with all subsidies and credits it is still
very bad economic deal and it takes zillion years to recoup huge
investment. What I thought is good portion of this cost is
installation and if I can install them myself I could make numbers
align better. Any info on DIY solar install and personal experience
would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of solar panel? *Electricity generation, preheat hot
water,?????

Electricity.